eFoodhandlers Logo

OLCC Service Permit for OREGON

OLCC Alcohol Service Permit FAQ

How to get your OLCC Alcohol Service Permit?

1. Take an OLCC Alcohol Service course from an approved provider like orAlcoholServers.com.
2. Take the 50 question exam provided with the course. Results sent to OLCC.
3. Complete the OLCC application (link provided). OLCC will mail you your permit once you have received a passing score.

Who needs to acquire OLCC Alcohol Service Permit?

Oregon law requires all Alcohol Servers and Managers to acquire an OLCC Service Permit. This includes take the course and passing the exam from an OLCC-approved provider like orAlcoholServers.com.

Links for the OLCC Application

Service Permit:
Click Here

Service Permit Application Instructions
Click Here

How do I know if I passed?

Once you complete the training and test, your results will transmit to the OLCC and appear on their test results page the next business day:
Click Here

How do I check on the status of my OLCC Permit application?

If you passed the test and submitted your application to the OLCC, they will issue your certificate in the mail. To check on the status:
Click Here

How old do you have to be to be a bartender?

Bartenders or those who mix alcohol must be 21 years old.

How old must you be to serve alcohol?

Alcohol servers must be 18 years old.

Any Special Deals?

Portland State University students Click Here